Since you asked
Common questions about the Rogue River
“The trip was awesome!”
What is the easiest way to get to the Rogue River?
The Rogue is just off Interstate 5, north of Medford and Grants Pass, OR. It is an easy, one-day drive from the San Francisco Bay Area and from Portland. If you choose to fly, Medford has an active regional airport. There are several shuttle services available that can transport you from the airport to our meeting place at Galice. If you need help arranging a shuttle, call our office and we will be glad to assist you.
Who are our guides?
We have an outstanding crew of guides, all of whom are dedicated to providing you with a memorable, fun rafting vacation. Our guides are professional, fun, and focused on service.
What is the weather like on the Rogue?
Summer weather on the Rogue is usually pleasant, with daytime high temperatures averaging in the low 90′s and early morning lows in the 50′s. To ensure that you are comfortable, please bring the clothing items that we recommend on your packing list.
What are your age limits?
Many of our guests on the Rogue are families with children. Six years old is our minimum age for kids.
How do I make a reservation?
Our reservations office is open seven days a week to assist you. You can book online or give us a call at 1-541-282-3729 and we will help you to plan your rafting vacation. We can also give you suggestions about other activities to enjoy while you are in the southern Oregon area.
Do I need camping gear for my trip?
If you are booked on one of our camping, or camp/lodge combination trips, you are welcome to bring your own sleeping bag, tent, and pad, or to borrow our gear. We do not charge a rental fee for the use of our gear. We provide this gear as part of our commitment to outstanding service.
Are there mosquitoes, or other bugs that bite?
If you are booked on a trip that stays at lodges, you might experience some mosquitoes in the evening. The lodges irrigate around their buildings for fire protection, and mosquitoes can hatch in this water. For the most part, biting insects are not a problem on the river.
How many people can we book on a trip?
Most of our trips have a limit of 25 people. Our permit is issued by the Bureau of Land Management and limits the number of guests that we can bring on each trip. Please call our office for availability.
I’d like to have my vehicle shuttled to the take-out location – how do I do that?
If you would like to have your car shuttled to the end of the trip, you can make arrangements at the Galice Store on the morning of your trip. Galice can be reached at 541-476-3818 if you would like to make shuttle arrangements ahead of time.
Can you accommodate special needs?
Yes! We will work with you to accommodate dietary, medical, or other needs that you may have.
Can I bring a musical instrument?
Yes please. Let us know in advance and we will provide a waterproof bag to protect your instrument.
Can I bring wine, beer or other drinks on the trip?
We provide some dinner wine, beer, soda, juice and plenty of ice water for your trip. You are welcome to bring your own beverages as well. We’ll store your drinks in our coolers or boxes and provide them to you upon request.
Should I purchase trip insurance?
Yes. Unforeseen circumstances sometimes arise and trip insurance can protect you in the event of a last minute cancellation. We have a good policy available through Travelex Insurance.
What kind of rafts to you use?
On most trips, we run a combination of three kinds of boats, oar rafts to carry gear, a paddle boat, and one or two person inflatable kayaks. You are welcome to rotate and try the different boats during the course of your trip.
Our rafting season on the Rogue River starts in May and goes to mid-October. During the peak of the summer we offer trips at least once a week.
• Excellent meals, starting with lunch on the first day and ending with lunch on the last day. Beverages – water, juice, coffee, tea, beer, and wine – are all part of your trip.
• On-river and off-river equipment – including our extra-comfortable camping set-ups (tents, thick sleeping pads, and sleeping bags). Personal dry bags are provided for your use.
• Transportation to and from the river from our meeting location at Galice Resort (free parking is provided at Galice for the duration of your trip).
Some of our trips include a night at a river side lodge
Space is limited – reservations are necessary to save your space on our trips. A deposit of $250 per person will save your seat, with the balance due 60 days prior to trip departure.
Why Rogue River Journeys?
• Our amazing crew of guides are fun, educated, and enhance your river trip with their knowledge of the Rogue River. Safety is always first and there’s no substitute for experience.
• Everything you need for your trip is included. Our trips are all-inclusive. All you need to bring is your toothbrush and some clothes, we’ll take care of the rest.
• Extra-comfortable camping that will forever change your perspective of sleeping under the stars. Not only do we do all the heavy lifting (we set up camp ahead of our groups), we also provide you with high quality camping equipment – large tents, thick sleeping pads, and sleeping bags.
• When you have the best dining room on Earth you might as well serve the best food possible. Our menu showcases delicious plates of regionally sourced food.
• We love the Rogue and it shows. We are stewards of the Rogue River and are active in protecting this magnificent watershed. We support local conservation groups and our trips follow the Leave No Trace ethic.
• Most importantly, we have fun and love sharing the Rogue River with our guests.