Yoga on the Wild Rogue River
with Rex Stromness of Yoga Center of Chico
Raft + Yoga
Trip Date: Wednesday, July 26 to Saturday, July 29, 2017
Your Yoga Instructor: Rex Stromness (Yoga Center of Chico)
I began practicing yoga in the 70’s while attending Sonoma State University. In the 80’s while living in Boulder Colorado I was introduced to Ashtanga Yoga, studying with Richard Freeman. It became my “base” practice and I have practiced and taught Ashtanga and Ashtanga based Vinyasa Yoga since then. I also studied and practiced Sivananda Yoga, Tri-Yoga and some Iyengar Yoga. I now bring all of my influences together to create my own blend of Vinyasa Yoga with a strong emphasis on breath, proper alignment and mindfulness.
Rafting on the Rogue River
The Wild & Scenic Rogue River is Oregon’s premier overnight rafting trip. We invite you to experience this remarkable river canyon in the most comfortable and fun way possible, by joining a Rogue River Journeys rafting trip. This special yoga trip is four days in length and is led by the best team of guides in the business. While the river itself is the highlight of every trip, it is our company’s attention to detail, industry-leading service standards, and passion for sharing with others this national treasure that has kept our guests coming back year after year.
Special on this trip is the addition of a yoga option at each camp in the morning and evening of each day. Rex Stromness will lead yoga alongside the Rogue River. A perfect way to start and end each day!
July 26 – 29, 2017
4 Days Rafting, 3 Nights Camping
$1250/person + BLM Fee
Space is limited – reservations are necessary to save your space on our trips. A deposit of $250 per person will save your seat, with the balance due 60 days prior to trip departure.
• Excellent meals, starting with lunch on the first day and ending with lunch on the last day. Beverages – water, juice, coffee, tea, beer, and wine – are all part of your trip.
• On-river and off-river equipment – including our extra-comfortable camping set-ups (tents, thick sleeping pads, and sleeping bags). Personal dry bags are provided for your use.
• Transportation to and from the river from our meeting location at Galice Resort (free parking is provided at Galice for the duration of your trip).
Yoga by Rex Stromness
Why Rogue River Journeys?
• Our amazing crew of guides are fun, educated, and enhance your river trip with their knowledge of the Rogue River. Safety is always first and there’s no substitute for experience.
• Everything you need for your trip is included. Our trips are all-inclusive. All you need to bring is your toothbrush and some clothes, we’ll take care of the rest.
• Extra-comfortable camping that will forever change your perspective of sleeping under the stars. Not only do we do all the heavy lifting (we set up camp ahead of our groups), we also provide you with high quality camping equipment – large tents, thick sleeping pads, and sleeping bags.
• When you have the best dining room on Earth you might as well serve the best food possible. Our menu showcases delicious plates of regionally sourced food.
• We love the Rogue and it shows. We are stewards of the Rogue River and are active in protecting this magnificent watershed. We support local conservation groups and our trips follow the Leave No Trace ethic.
• Most importantly, we have fun and love sharing the Rogue River with our guests.