Rogue River Rafting Trips
Three and Four Day Rogue River Rafting Trips
“…an amazing experience”
The “Wild & Scenic” section of the Rogue River is Oregon’s ultimate overnight river trip. Located in southwestern Oregon, the Rogue begins its 220-mile journey near Crater Lake and ends at the Pacific Ocean in the town of Gold Beach, Oregon. Our Rogue River trips float through the most remote and beautiful section of the Rogue River – designated by congress as “Wild & Scenic” – through a wilderness and roadless area only accessible by raft or trail.
Traveling down the Rogue River brings the challenge of whitewater coupled with serene beauty and sense of adventure around every bend. We offer a variety of river-running choices and you are welcome to try your hand at any of the boat options throughout the trip. Our oar rafts carry nearly all of our gear and also offer a relaxing and stress-free ride down the river. You just need to kick back and relax while your guide rows you downstream. Paddle rafts are more participatory as a guide in the back instructs the paddle team to move the boat downstream. Lastly, our inflatable kayaks, a.k.a. “duckies”, put you face-to-face with Rogue River whitewater and are the most adventurous rides on the river. Throughout the day you may move from one boat to another.
Our nights are spent along the river in beautiful camps with gorgeous views of the river canyon. Our camping style is comfortable and relaxing with a focus on delicious, regionally sourced foods. Indigo Creek Outfitters’ guides set-up camp ahead of our arrival, complete with large tents, extra-comfortable sleeping pads, a dining area (chairs and tables), shade tarps, and a full kitchen.
Once settled into camp, you are free to explore the nearby area (there are many points of interest along the Rogue), take a swim in the river, soak in the sun, or simply kick back and relax with a glass of Oregon wine or beer.
“I can’t tell you how much my family enjoyed our Rogue River adventure. You helped transform my kids into lovers of the outdoors. This was the best family vacation we’ve ever been on.”
A rafting trip on the Rogue River will carry you 40 miles through the heart of the Rogue River canyon and wilderness. Nights are spent riverside, either camping or at a historic lodge. The Rogue River is a great vacation for families of all ages. We’ve worked hard to design our family trips to meet the needs of both parents and kids. We provide life jackets specifically fitted for children, snacks during the day on the river and numerous games and activities. Family-focused activities include adventure swims, bow riding through rapids, hikes to visit historic sites, and games and stories while at camp. Most importantly, our guides know how to hang out and have fun with kids and they will work hard to ensure that all members of your family have a great time on the river.
It’s a canyon rich in history, a famous wilderness river, and time spent with family and friends that separate this trip from any other rafting experience. The town of Galice, the river itself, and the surrounding country all offer close-ups of the history of western territorial exploration and settlement. Native American sites, pioneer settlements, gold rush exploration, thwarted attempts at development, and the congressional heroics that preserved this rugged wilderness will form the background of our trip. The river flows through forested country with stretches of exciting, fun whitewater. The landscape is spectacular but it will be the time spent with friends, the rapids you run, the nearby hikes, the exquisite campsites, and the immensity of the place that will create the lifetime memories that you will bring home from Oregon’s wild Rogue River.
Our rafting season on the Rogue River starts in May and goes to mid-October. During the peak of the summer we offer trips at least once a week.
• Excellent meals, starting with lunch on the first day and ending with lunch on the last day. Beverages – water, juice, coffee, tea, beer, and wine – are all part of your trip.
• On-river and off-river equipment – including our extra-comfortable camping set-ups (tents, thick sleeping pads, and sleeping bags). Personal dry bags are provided for your use.
• Transportation to and from the river from our meeting location at Galice Resort (free parking is provided at Galice for the duration of your trip).
Some of our trips include a night at a river side lodge
Space is limited – reservations are necessary to save your space on our trips. A deposit of $250 per person will save your seat, with the balance due 60 days prior to trip departure.
Why Indigo Creek Outfitters?
• Our amazing crew of guides are fun, professional, and enhance your river trip with their knowledge of the Rogue River. Safety is always first and there’s no substitute for experience.
• Everything you need for your trip is included. Our trips are all-inclusive. All you need to bring is your toothbrush and some clothes, we’ll take care of the rest.
• Extra-comfortable camping that will forever change your perspective of sleeping under the stars. Not only do we do all the heavy lifting (we set up camp ahead of our groups), we also provide you with high quality camping equipment – large tents, thick sleeping pads, and sleeping bags.
• When you have the best dining room on Earth you might as well serve the best food possible. Our menu showcases delicious plates of regionally sourced food.
• We love the Rogue and it shows. We are stewards of the Rogue River and are active in protecting this magnificent watershed. We support local conservation groups and our trips follow the Leave No Trace ethic.
• Most importantly, we have fun and love sharing the Rogue River with our guests.